Saturday, February 20, 2010

Scandanavia, by Me

We’re gonna buy a big house with the money we’ll have
when they start buying my songs and we’ll paint it
whatever color you want, as long as I can sit in the picture
window with my notebook, and remember us with my
pencil, making sure we are heard. We’re gonna have a big
garden with sunflowers that climb the walls, and daisies
lining the crooked sidewalks; I’ll tie balloons to all our railings
and there will always be ice cream, just because. We’re gonna
have fewer broken pieces; we’re gonna have clean floors;
we’re gonna have soft beds, and mornings that don’t feel like
the end of a war. I’ll play my baby grand in the front room,
and every love song will be about a girl like you. I don’t believe
in god, or heaven – but I believe in a house like that, a love like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment