Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Emma Cowie, Mid-Summer '09

Today, Jim came by with his wife and baby girl. She's twelve days old. It made me realize that smaller increments of time have more importance when the length of something isn't very long. (i.e., the age of people is first measured in days, then weeks, then months and finally years. The same is true for relationships. We've only been together two months, so certain weeks and days hold more meaning. I want to be with you so long that it becomes necessary to measure our relationship in years. Hell, decades even. Don't get me wrong - I never want to forget those special days or weeks that hold so much meaning to us now; I just want LOTS and LOTS of them! Basically, I love you and I want us to share our lives with each other. I originally worded that sentence as 'I want to share my life with you' but then I realized that I want your life just as much entangled in mine as I want to be entangled in yours. Let's share lives? Let's aim for the day when we can measure the length of our love in years? K, Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment